Oils and aromas have been used for centuries with the intention of clearing space, altering our energy field and setting the mood. Each plant offers its own identifying scent which trigger our brains to activate our senses, resulting in altered states of perception, and changing the dynamics of our immediate environment. Here is a list of scenarios and the appropriate oil to get our bodies and brains in the mood.
- Sacred Space
– Creating a pure and safe space to allow yourself and others to enter a deep peaceful state whereby healing work and divine communication can take place.
- Sandalwood: Used in various spiritual practices to access higher consciousness, be still and devoted to prayer and meditation.
- Cedarwood: Often saunas are built with Cedarwood as they expel a beautiful wood aroma. The oil is well suited for yoga classes and group activities as it is good for connecting individuals to the collective.
- Frankincense: An ancient healing oil used in religious practices globally. Clearing low vibrations, Frankincense has an air of wisdom, creates a loving space to find and nurture ones true self.
- Calm Vibes– Living in a modern world comes with its stresses. It’s important we take the time to chill out, relax and centre ourselves. These calming oils are great for massage, baths and quiet time reading a book.
- Lavender: A sedative which helps to release tension, and calms the nerves. A soothing scent to prepare for a good night’s rest. Lavender is a gentle oil, leaving you feeling light and free to express yourself
- Roman Chamomile: Perfect for relaxation, helping to settle our thoughts and balance our emotional state. Roman Chamomile is great for processing shock and working through stressful circumstances.
- Ylang Ylang: The calming floral aroma helps ease frustration, supporting our ability to be accept things beyond our control.
- Getting the job done– When work needs to be done, it’s time to put the head down and focus. These oils help us concentrate and be present while we study for an upcoming test or meet our weekly deadlines.
- Peppermint: Invigorating the mind, Peppermint will induce clarity and an optimistic approach to your work load.
- Wild Orange: They say if you enjoy what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life! This citrus scent will have you feeling on top of the world, and your task. It helps to get you in a natural flow and inspire creativity.
- Lime: Lime is another powerful member of the citrus family, offering a little zest to sharpen our focus, clear any discouragement or negative self-talk. Lime boosts our determination to see a task to completion.
- Romantic Aromas– Setting the mood for you and your lover to retreat into your own world. Exploring tantric connection and intimate communication, put love into the air with these passion infused oils.
- Rose: The Rose flower is an iconic symbol of love. It’s no wonder its beautiful fragrance is a powerful aphrodisiac. Seduce your loved one with its sweet aroma, and perhaps a bouquet to match.
- Jasmine: Jasmine is known as ‘Queen of The Night’ typically blossoming at night. Increasing the libido and promoting healthy sexuality and self-acceptance in loving relationships.
- Patchouli: The earthy smell of Patchouli has a grounding effect, shifting us out of the head and into the heart. Patchouli is playful, and attracts lust and fertility.
Enjoy your journey with the aromas of the plant world. Make sure you use oils safely and as advised by industry professionals.